Continuous Drop in Turnover
Abstract: Biden’s signing of the executive order on digital assets will have a positive impact on the overall ecology of the cryptocurrency industry in the US. South Korea’s new president Yoon Seok-yeol is friendly towards cryptocurrencies. The EU’s vote on crypto regulation named MiCA includes provisions to limit POW. The US inflation rate is at 7.9%, a record high in 40 years. The Federal Reserve would meet this week.
- Total market value posted modest changes. Last week, the total market value of digital assets remained at around US$1.75 trillion. Bitcoin fluctuated greatly within a range of approximately 14% or US$37,000 to US$42,000.
- Performance of top 100 digital assets was mixed. Last week, among the top 100 digital assets, 55 staged growth, while 45 witnessed decline.
- Exchanges showed a decline in turnover. Last week, turnover on the 10 exchanges tracked by us decreased by 13.2%. Binance moved down by -11.2%. Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Coinbase recorded an increase of +8.4%, and decrease of -13.2% and -24%, respectively.
- Turnover of futures increased. Last week, turnover of Bitcoin futures market declined by 4%, with little change in close position. Last week, turnover of Ethereum futures market declined by 21%, with little change in open position.
- Turnover of Dex decreased to US$0.01trillion. The decrease in weekly turnover of Dex dropped by 20% as compared to last week.
- Turnover of Opensea decreased to approximately US$0.0004 trillion. Turnover of Opensea decreased to US$0.0004 trillion, down by 7% as compared to last week.
- Turnover continued to decline. Market value of cryptocurrencies remained at approximately US$1.75 trillion last week, with mainstream coins experiencing big fluctuation and lower turnover. Spot turnover decreased by around 13% as compared to last week and turnover of Bitcoin futures dropped by 4% while turnover of Ethereum futures was down by 26%. Biden signed an executive order on ensuring responsible innovation in digital assets, which lays out a national policy for digital assets across six key priorities: consumer and investor protection; financial stability; illicit finance; U.S. leadership in the global financial system and economic competitiveness; financial inclusion; and responsible innovation. The new president Yoon Seok-yeol is friendly towards cryptocurrencies, raising the threshold of capital gains tax from cryptocurrencies. Another candidate Lee Jae-myung also used NFTs to raise fund for his campaign. The EU’s vote on crypto regulation named MiCA includes provisions to limit POW. The US inflation rate is at 7.9%, a record high in 40 years. The Federal Reserve would meet this week. Yugo Labs, the parent company of BAYC in the industry has acquired the two IPs of crypto punks and meetbits, allowing their commercialization. In addition, Disney might also launch NFT acquisitions. The overall market showed bearish sentiments, and ongoing volatility is expected to continue.
Digital Currency Market Capitalization Change:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, Coin360
Bitcoin Futures Daily Trading Volume:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, The Block
- The information contained in this document has been compiled by HashKey Group (as defined below) from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty express or implied is made by HashKey Group, its affiliates or any other person as to its fairness, reasonableness, reliability, accuracy, completeness or correctness. All illustrations, examples or forward-looking information (if any) contained in this document have been provided in good faith for illustrative purposes only as of the date of this document, and are not intended to serve as, and must not be relied upon as, a guarantee, an assurance, a prediction or a definitive statement of fact or probability. Whilst efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this document at the time of publication, errors or omissions may occur. Past performance is not a guide to future performance, future returns are not guaranteed, and a loss of original capital may occur. HashKey Group reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- Each legal jurisdiction has its own laws regulating the types of investments and/or services which may be offered to its residents and/or in its jurisdiction, as well as the process for doing so. As a result, certain investment products or services discussed in this document may not be eligible for sale or offered in some jurisdictions. This document is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any investments or services. Unless otherwise specified, HashKey Group does not hold itself out to be licensed to carry on regulated activities in any jurisdiction. Additionally, providing this material is not, and under no circumstances should be construed to act as a regulated business in any jurisdiction by any person or company that is not legally permitted to carry on such regulated business in that jurisdiction.
- Nothing in this document constitutes legal, accounting, or tax advice, and you are advised to seek independent legal, tax and accounting advice prior to acting upon anything contained in this document. The contents of this material have not been reviewed by any regulatory authority. Investors are advised to exercise caution in relation to any investments or services in relation to this document. If you are in doubt about any of the contents of this material, you should obtain independent professional advice.
- To the full extent permitted by law, neither HashKey Group nor any of its affiliates accepts any liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this document or the information contained herein. No information contained in this document may be reproduced or copied by any means without the prior written consent of HashKey Group.
- “HashKey Group” is a brand name to describe any one or more entities of the group companies composed of HashKey Digital Asset Group Limited and its Affiliates.