Abstract: The US released the latest non-farm payrolls which far exceeded estimates. The inflation was relatively high, with continued expectation of interest rate hikes. The overall market posted modest changes, generally remaining pessimistic under the influence of interest rate hikes and the Russia-Ukraine conflict. Andre Cronje, the creator of YFI and an important representative of DeFi in the industry, announced his quit from DeFi, causing certain impacts on related projects.
- Total market value declined. Last week, the total market value of digital assets declined to around US$1.75 trillion. Bitcoin fluctuated greatly within a range of approximately 19% or US$37,000 to US$44,000.
- Most of the top 100 digital assets fell. Last week, among the top 100 digital assets, 24 staged growth, while 76 witnessed decline.
- Exchanges showed a decline in turnover. Last week, turnover on the 10 exchanges tracked by us decreased by 10.5%. Binance moved down by -7.6%. Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Coinbase recorded a decrease of -37.1%, -14.5% and -20.4%, respectively.
- Turnover of futures increased. Last week, turnover of Bitcoin futures market rose by 23%, with little change in close position. Turnover of Ethereum futures market was down by 26%, with open position declining to US$0.007 trillion.
- Turnover of Dex decreased to US$0.02 trillion. The decrease in weekly turnover of Dex dropped by 20% as compared to last week.
- Turnover of Opensea decreased to approximately US$0.0005 trillion. Turnover of Opensea decreased to US$0.0005 trillion, down by 35.2% as compared to last week.
- Turnover declined. Market value of cryptocurrencies declined to approximately US$1.75 trillion last week, with large changes in mainstream coins. Both Bitcoin and Ethereum fluctuated by approximately 20%. Spot turnover decreased by around 10% as compared to last week and turnover of Bitcoin futures grew by 23% while turnover of Ethereum futures was down by 26%. The US released new non-farm payrolls data last week which far exceeded estimates. US stocks and cryptocurrencies fell, with continued expectations of interest rate hikes. Risk-off sentiment remains amid the war between Russia and Ukraine. In addition, some companies such as Circle and Opensea have banned services to sanctioned areas. AC, the founder of YFI and Curve, announced his quit from DeFi last week, causing certain impacts to related projects. The trading volume of the NFT market has plummeted more than 50%, entering a cooling off period. The overall cryptocurrency market is changing with market conditions, dominated by bearish sentiment amid the war and interest rate hikes.
Digital Currency Market Capitalization Change:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, Coin360
Bitcoin Futures Daily Trading Volume:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, The Block
- The information contained in this document has been compiled by HashKey Group (as defined below) from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty express or implied is made by HashKey Group, its affiliates or any other person as to its fairness, reasonableness, reliability, accuracy, completeness or correctness. All illustrations, examples or forward-looking information (if any) contained in this document have been provided in good faith for illustrative purposes only as of the date of this document, and are not intended to serve as, and must not be relied upon as, a guarantee, an assurance, a prediction or a definitive statement of fact or probability. Whilst efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this document at the time of publication, errors or omissions may occur. Past performance is not a guide to future performance, future returns are not guaranteed, and a loss of original capital may occur. HashKey Group reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- Each legal jurisdiction has its own laws regulating the types of investments and/or services which may be offered to its residents and/or in its jurisdiction, as well as the process for doing so. As a result, certain investment products or services discussed in this document may not be eligible for sale or offered in some jurisdictions. This document is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any investments or services. Unless otherwise specified, HashKey Group does not hold itself out to be licensed to carry on regulated activities in any jurisdiction. Additionally, providing this material is not, and under no circumstances should be construed to act as a regulated business in any jurisdiction by any person or company that is not legally permitted to carry on such regulated business in that jurisdiction.
- Nothing in this document constitutes legal, accounting, or tax advice, and you are advised to seek independent legal, tax and accounting advice prior to acting upon anything contained in this document. The contents of this material have not been reviewed by any regulatory authority. Investors are advised to exercise caution in relation to any investments or services in relation to this document. If you are in doubt about any of the contents of this material, you should obtain independent professional advice.
- To the full extent permitted by law, neither HashKey Group nor any of its affiliates accepts any liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this document or the information contained herein. No information contained in this document may be reproduced or copied by any means without the prior written consent of HashKey Group.
- “HashKey Group” is a brand name to describe any one or more entities of the group companies composed of HashKey Digital Asset Group Limited and its Affiliates.