A General Market Decline
Abstract: The market declined in general. The U.S. Federal Reserve released minutes of its March meeting, indicating that it could begin shrinking its balance sheet as early as May, with a number of Fed officials in favour of the possibility of a 50bp hike in one go. The Luna Foundation Guard (LFG) will purchase US$100 million worth of AVAX Token from Avalanche Foundation to further build reserves. Near is set to issue a decentralised stablecoin which is similar to UST.
- Total market value declined. Last week, the total market value of digital assets declined to around US$2 trillion. Bitcoin decreased to below US$42,000, representing a drop of approximately 10%.
- Most of the top 100 digital assets fell. Last week, among the top 100 digital assets, 94 witnessed decline, while 6 staged growth.
- Exchanges showed a decline in turnover. Last week, turnover on the 10 exchanges tracked by us decreased by 22.9%. Binance moved down by 23%. Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Coinbase recorded a decrease of 15.8%, 18.3% and 22.5% respectively.
- Turnover of futures declined. Turnover of Bitcoin futures and Ethereum futures dropped by 13% and 9.8% respectively.
- Turnover of Dex maintained at US$20 billion. The decrease in weekly turnover of Dex posted modest changes as compared to last week.
- Turnover of Opensea decreased to US$1.1 billion, down by 13% as compared to last week.
- The market declined in general. Market value of cryptocurrencies went down to approximately US$2 trillion last week. Bitcoin dropped by 10% to below US$42,000. Spot turnover declined by approximately 22% as compared to last week and turnover of Bitcoin futures decreased by 13% while turnover of Ethereum futures fell by 9.8%. The U.S. Federal Reserve released minutes of its March meeting last week, taking a relatively hawkish stance. It indicated that it could begin shrinking its balance sheet as early as May, and the pace of rate hikes would be in line with the March meeting statement. A number of Fed officials are in favour of the possibility of a 50bp hike in one go. Avalanche in the industry launched its subnet DeFi Kingdom, with a relatively positive performance of TVL of approximately US$250 million. The Luna Foundation Guard (LFG), the company behind Terra, purchased US$230 million of BTC, holding up to 35000 BTC. It will also purchase US$100 million worth of AVAX Token from the Avalanche Foundation to further build reserves. UST will support Avalanche on-chain native minting where users will be able to mint UST with AVAX on the Avalanche chain. In addition, Near is set to issue a decentralised stablecoin which is expected to have a staking yield of up to 20%. It is expected that the market will hover at low levels under macro pressure.
Digital Currency Market Capitalization Change:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, Coin360
Bitcoin Futures Daily Trading Volume:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, The Block
- The information contained in this document has been compiled by HashKey Group (as defined below) from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty express or implied is made by HashKey Group, its affiliates or any other person as to its fairness, reasonableness, reliability, accuracy, completeness or correctness. All illustrations, examples or forward-looking information (if any) contained in this document have been provided in good faith for illustrative purposes only as of the date of this document, and are not intended to serve as, and must not be relied upon as, a guarantee, an assurance, a prediction or a definitive statement of fact or probability. Whilst efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this document at the time of publication, errors or omissions may occur. Past performance is not a guide to future performance, future returns are not guaranteed, and a loss of original capital may occur. HashKey Group reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- Each legal jurisdiction has its own laws regulating the types of investments and/or services which may be offered to its residents and/or in its jurisdiction, as well as the process for doing so. As a result, certain investment products or services discussed in this document may not be eligible for sale or offered in some jurisdictions. This document is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any investments or services. Unless otherwise specified, HashKey Group does not hold itself out to be licensed to carry on regulated activities in any jurisdiction. Additionally, providing this material is not, and under no circumstances should be construed to act as a regulated business in any jurisdiction by any person or company that is not legally permitted to carry on such regulated business in that jurisdiction.
- Nothing in this document constitutes legal, accounting, or tax advice, and you are advised to seek independent legal, tax and accounting advice prior to acting upon anything contained in this document. The contents of this material have not been reviewed by any regulatory authority. Investors are advised to exercise caution in relation to any investments or services in relation to this document. If you are in doubt about any of the contents of this material, you should obtain independent professional advice.
- To the full extent permitted by law, neither HashKey Group nor any of its affiliates accepts any liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this document or the information contained herein. No information contained in this document may be reproduced or copied by any means without the prior written consent of HashKey Group.
- “HashKey Group” is a brand name to describe any one or more entities of the group companies composed of HashKey Digital Asset Group Limited and its Affiliates.