The Market Overview
- Total market value registered modest changes. The total market value of digital assets remains at around US$1.29 trillion last week. Bitcoin fluctuated in between a narrow range around $30,000.
- Most of the top 100 cryptos fell. The prices of 71 out of the top 100 cryptos fell, while 29 posted gains.
- Turonver on exchanges declined. Last week, the total turnover on 10 exchanges tracked by our team tumbled by 60.5%. Binance fell by 59.2%, whilst Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Coinbase recorded a change of -74.7%, -62.2% and -60.5% respectively.
- Turnover of futures decreased. Turnover of Bitcoin futures decreased by 51.3%, while turnover of Ethereum futures decreased by 54%.
- Turnover on DEXes dropped to around US$11 billion. Weekly turnover on DEXes plummeted by 73% as compared to last week.
- Turnover on OpenSea decreased to around US$0.27 billion. Turnover on OpenSea plunged by 54% as compared to last week.
- Market turnover has plunged sharply over the past week. The total market value of digital assets remained at around US$1.29 trillion; turnover fell sharply compared to the previous week, and spot turnover decreased by approximately 60%. Turnover of Bitcoin futures and Ethereum futures dropped by 51% and 54% respectively. Most tokens traded around ±15% with no clear direction. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) is broadly supportive of a 50-basis point rate hike at each of the next two meetings, with officials expressing hope that they will cut rates as soon as inflation hits.Do Kwon unveiled a new Terra 2.0 proposal for the community, which proposes a fork for Terra into two blockchains, a new Terra chain that does not contain the algorithmic stablecoin UST, and an original chain called Terra Classic. Polygon announced that it has cooperated with EY for the Layer 2 roll-up solution called Polygon Nightfall, which combines the enterprise version of zk and optimistic rollup technology. In addition, the price of digital collections on ibox, a domestic digital collection platform, fluctuated greatly, causing heated discussions in the community.
Mainstream coins performed relatively weak, as the Crypto Fear and Greed index continued to hover around the “extreme fear” territory (12), and the market is expected to remain at a low level over the coming weeks.
Source: HashKey Capital Research, Coin360
Bitcoin Futures Daily Trading Volume:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, The Block
- The information contained in this document has been compiled by HashKey Group (as defined below) from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty express or implied is made by HashKey Group, its affiliates or any other person as to its fairness, reasonableness, reliability, accuracy, completeness or correctness. All illustrations, examples or forward-looking information (if any) contained in this document have been provided in good faith for illustrative purposes only as of the date of this document, and are not intended to serve as, and must not be relied upon as, a guarantee, an assurance, a prediction or a definitive statement of fact or probability. Whilst efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this document at the time of publication, errors or omissions may occur. Past performance is not a guide to future performance, future returns are not guaranteed, and a loss of original capital may occur. HashKey Group reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- Each legal jurisdiction has its own laws regulating the types of investments and/or services which may be offered to its residents and/or in its jurisdiction, as well as the process for doing so. As a result, certain investment products or services discussed in this document may not be eligible for sale or offered in some jurisdictions. This document is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any investments or services. Unless otherwise specified, HashKey Group does not hold itself out to be licensed to carry on regulated activities in any jurisdiction. Additionally, providing this material is not, and under no circumstances should be construed to act as a regulated business in any jurisdiction by any person or company that is not legally permitted to carry on such regulated business in that jurisdiction.
- Nothing in this document constitutes legal, accounting, or tax advice, and you are advised to seek independent legal, tax and accounting advice prior to acting upon anything contained in this document. The contents of this material have not been reviewed by any regulatory authority. Investors are advised to exercise caution in relation to any investments or services in relation to this document. If you are in doubt about any of the contents of this material, you should obtain independent professional advice.
- To the full extent permitted by law, neither HashKey Group nor any of its affiliates accepts any liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this document or the information contained herein. No information contained in this document may be reproduced or copied by any means without the prior written consent of HashKey Group.
- “HashKey Group” is a brand name to describe any one or more entities of the group companies composed of HashKey Digital Asset Group Limited and its Affiliates.