The Market Rose in General
Abstract: The Fed raised benchmark interest rate and expects 7 rate hikes in 2022. The parent company of BAYC launched Ape Coin for the continued empowerment of the Bored Ape ecology. The secondary market went up generally and market sentiment improved slightly.
- Total market value increased. Last week, the total market value of digital assets increased to around US$1.9 trillion. Bitcoin fluctuated within a range of approximately 13%, while Ethereum fluctuated within a range of approximately 20%.
- Most of the top 100 digital assets gained. Last week, among the top 100 digital assets, 91 staged growth, while 9 witnessed decline.
- Exchanges showed a decline in turnover. Last week, turnover on the 10 exchanges tracked by us decreased by 22.4%. Binance moved down by -24.7%. Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Coinbase recorded a decrease of -9.8%, -4.7% and -16.3%, respectively
- Stock exchanges registered modest changes in turnover. Last week, turnover on the 10 exchanges tracked by us rose by 1%. Binance moved up by +2.7%. Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Coinbase recorded decrease of 9.5%, increase of 5.4% and decrease of 1.5%, respectively.
- Turnover of futures declined. Last week, turnover of Bitcoin futures market declined 16.4% week-on-week, with close position increasing to US$0.02 trillion. Turnover of Ethereum futures market was down by 3%, with open position growing to US$0.009 trillion.
- Turnover of Dex increased to approximately US$0.02 trillion. The decrease in weekly turnover of Dex dropped by 15% as compared to last week.
- Turnover of Opensea increased to approximately US$0.0007 trillion. Turnover of Opensea increased to US$0.0007 trillion, up by 47.2% as compared to last week.
- The market rose in general. Market value of cryptocurrencies increased to approximately US$1.9 trillion last week and Bitcoin fluctuated by around 13%, while Ethereum fluctuated by around 20%. Spot turnover posted modest changes compared to last week and turnover of Bitcoin futures declined by 16% while turnover of Ethereum futures decreased by 3%. The Fed raised benchmark interest rate by 25 basis points to a range of 0.25%-0.50%, which is in line with market expectations. The median of the Fed’s dot plot chart shows that the Fed is expected to raise rates 7 times in 2022. Interest rate is expected to be 1.9% by the end of 2022 and 2.8% by the end of 2023. Yuga Labs, the parent company of Bored Ape BAYC, officially launched Ape Coin, which will be distributed among BAYC/MAYC members. nWayPlay, an NFT platform under Animoca, announced its adoption of Ape Coin in the new game co-developed with Yuga Labs, coupled with Time Magazine accepting Ape Coin, which has shown continuous empowerment of BAYC. The general market sentiment improved slightly with overall rally of the secondary market.
Digital Currency Market Capitalization Change:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, Coin360
Bitcoin Futures Daily Trading Volume:
Source: HashKey Capital Research, The Block
- The information contained in this document has been compiled by HashKey Group (as defined below) from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty express or implied is made by HashKey Group, its affiliates or any other person as to its fairness, reasonableness, reliability, accuracy, completeness or correctness. All illustrations, examples or forward-looking information (if any) contained in this document have been provided in good faith for illustrative purposes only as of the date of this document, and are not intended to serve as, and must not be relied upon as, a guarantee, an assurance, a prediction or a definitive statement of fact or probability. Whilst efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this document at the time of publication, errors or omissions may occur. Past performance is not a guide to future performance, future returns are not guaranteed, and a loss of original capital may occur. HashKey Group reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
- Each legal jurisdiction has its own laws regulating the types of investments and/or services which may be offered to its residents and/or in its jurisdiction, as well as the process for doing so. As a result, certain investment products or services discussed in this document may not be eligible for sale or offered in some jurisdictions. This document is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any investments or services. Unless otherwise specified, HashKey Group does not hold itself out to be licensed to carry on regulated activities in any jurisdiction. Additionally, providing this material is not, and under no circumstances should be construed to act as a regulated business in any jurisdiction by any person or company that is not legally permitted to carry on such regulated business in that jurisdiction.
- Nothing in this document constitutes legal, accounting, or tax advice, and you are advised to seek independent legal, tax and accounting advice prior to acting upon anything contained in this document. The contents of this material have not been reviewed by any regulatory authority. Investors are advised to exercise caution in relation to any investments or services in relation to this document. If you are in doubt about any of the contents of this material, you should obtain independent professional advice.
- To the full extent permitted by law, neither HashKey Group nor any of its affiliates accepts any liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this document or the information contained herein. No information contained in this document may be reproduced or copied by any means without the prior written consent of HashKey Group.
- “HashKey Group” is a brand name to describe any one or more entities of the group companies composed of HashKey Digital Asset Group Limited and its Affiliates.